Dear Campus Community,
IMPORTANT: We are currently facing an active email phishing attack. Your immediate awareness is required to ensure the safety of your personal and campus data.
What you need to know:
- Latest Subject Line: The recent email has the subject "New Report from ATHLETICS DIRECTOR." However, attackers might change it as they adapt, and we know of others.
- Sender Accounts: Some emails come from legitimate Springfield College accounts that have been compromised, while others originate from external accounts.
What you should do:
- Be Cautious: Always be skeptical of unexpected emails. Even if they appear from known contacts, ensure the message's legitimacy.
- Verification: If in doubt, verify the email's legitimacy by calling the known contact (but do not use any phone numbers provided in the suspicious email).
- Credentials: Do NOT input your credentials unless you are absolutely certain of the email's validity.
If you think you've been compromised:
- Immediately change or reset your password at password.springfield.edu.
- Inform us at email@example.com so we can take appropriate measures.
Stay safe, and always be alert online.