PRIDE Advising at Springfield College is Personal, Reflective, Intentional, Developmental, and Empowering.
Advising is not a transactional experience, it is a conversation!
The Academic Advising Center supports all undergraduate students and faculty advisors, both traditional and regional and online. Our responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as professional advisors to the Exploratory Studies major (first and second-year students), General Studies majors (juniors, seniors, and transfers), and all incoming regional and online undergraduate students
- Teaching SPCO 110, Exploration: In a Major Way! (required for Exploratory Studies majors)
- Transfer credit evaluations for all undergraduate incoming students, both traditional and regional and online students
- Transfer credit pre-approvals for continuing undergraduate students—including approvals for study abroad courses
- Producing curriculum and sequencing guides for undergraduate majors
- Assisting with processing substitutions and waivers
- Coordinating advising and registration components of Summer and New Student Orientations
- Walk-in/call-in advising services, including students in transition, who are changing majors or in academic jeopardy, and faculty and students with questions about core curriculum requirements, degree audits, academic policies, etc.
- Assisting with preparing faculty and students for course advising and registration periods
- First-year student support and outreach
- Supporting all undergraduate students in academic transition
Academic Advising Center
Administration Building Room 108
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm